18 Engagement Tips
18 Engagement tips from Rings of Sweden.
The tradition is to exchange rings when you are getting engaged, engagement rings. In the past, you were supposed to get married shortly after that, but today it is a fact that many couples decide to get engaged without even thinking of a future marriage.
An engagement ring is obviously the first thought, and the second thought is to surprise your sweetheart with the ring. But that means that you have to know the exact size of the ring and that might be a little tricky, and also, an engagement ring is for life and it’s important that your woman or man really loves the ring. Below you find Rings of Sweden’s best engagement tips!
Rings of Sweden’s Engagement Tips
- In order not to make a mistake with the ring, propose symbolically! It may be with flowers, a silk band around the finger, and then choose the perfect rings together.
- If your partner usually wears rings and / or other jewellery, take a close look at them, and then you get a better idea of what style it should be.
- Measure a ring that he / she usually is wearing or try measuring their finger while they are sleeping.
- Do you still think that both rings must be exactly alike? No way, there is no rule saying that your engagement rings have to be the same model, design or material.
- If he doesn’t like wearing a ring, give him a watch instead.
- If you can’t afford the ring you really want to buy, just buy a similar ring in silver, titanium or ceramic; symbolically it means exactly as much and the dream ring can be a nice surprise, for example, on an anniversary some years later or on a birthday.
- If you are already planning a wedding, it may be a good idea to choose an engagement ring and wedding ring at the same time to fit perfectly together.
- Propose on a significant date like the date of the day you first met, after a number of months together, on a birthday, Christmas Eve, New Year or Valentine’s Day.
- Choose the right opportunity, let romance make the occasion magical.
- Place can make a big difference, ask when you are on holidays and enjoy spending time together as newly engaged.
- Plan when you will tell your family and friends about the engagement.
- Don’t post your engagement on Facebook and Instagram before you have told your family and your close friends.
- Take pictures, a lot of pictures! One of the pictures will be your favourite and the occasion is worth remembering. Imagine how nice it will be showing your children when they are growing up!
- Ask someone else to be a photographer for you so both of you are together in the pictures. Anyway, “selfies” are usually not the best pictures.
- Engagement Party? You don’t have to but if you decide to organize an engagement party you can invite your best friends and family, or whoever you like J
- If you don’t intend to arrange a wedding or to get married, say so. Otherwise, you will receive the question a thousand times.
- Spend some romantic time together just the two of you. There will be time to hang out with friends later.
- Don’t let stress and nerves ruin these romantic days, enjoy life and the wonderful feeling of being in love!
Hope you can benefit from our engagement tips 🙂
Do you have any engagement tips you want to share?
Please write in the comment section below